Good Works - January 22nd Emergency Food Network
Name of the Event: Pacific NW Chapter Volunteer Event at Emergency Food Network
- Date: January 22, 2022
- Time and Place: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm pacific
- Emergency Food Network Distribution Center
- Address: 3318 92nd Street South, Lakewood, WA 98499
The Pacific NW Chapter of CPCU invites to you a volunteer event at the Emergency Food Network Distribution Center. We are looking for volunteers who can assist with repackaging bulk food items into smaller, family-sized portions or it may consist of sorting and packing rescued produce for distribution to food pantries. Family and friends are welcome but must be able to meet the following guidelines that apply to all volunteers:
- Volunteer Mask Policy: To promote the safety of their staff and volunteers, masks are required at all times when indoors of any EFN location. Individuals that are vaccinated will not be required to wear a mask when working outside. By volunteering with EFN you are agreeing to follow this policy. You must remain masked unless you are both (1) outdoors and (2) fully vaccinated.
- Attire Requirements:
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Volunteers in flip-flops or sandals will be unable to repack.
- If open food is being repacked, hair nets will be required – you are welcome to bring a hat to wear instead.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds either individually or with a partner.
- Ability to bend down to grab the produce out of bins that are at floor level.
- We ask volunteers who have a cold or illness that can be spread by coughing, sneezing, or touching to please stay at home.
- The attached Volunteer application needs to be completed and if the volunteer is a minor, the Parental Consent is required.
We look forward to seeing you there! REGISTER HERE!
Contact:Eugenia "O" Frisby